Tokyo Halal Restaurant in Jūjō, Tokyo
Tokyo Halal Restaurant is a restaurant located right in front of the south exit of Jūjō Station, Tokyo. The Bangladeshi owner of this restaurant opened it in March 2021, hoping that people would enjoy the halal food, regardless of whether they are Muslim or non-Muslim. Clean, comfortable, and relaxing are the best words to describe the atmosphere in the restaurant.
It is very rare in Japan to find a restaurant that serves authentic ramen or gyoza dumplings or hamburger steaks in halal. It’s wonderful that you can enjoy all of them at this restaurant. When I visited, Japanese customers were enjoying their hamburger stakes (Salisbury steaks), saying “I like it!”
I asked the owner about the secret behind the deliciousness of the food, he told me that the menu is supervised by Mr. Mujahed Jahangir (in the photo above), a pioneer of halal cuisine in Japan, who has been working to promote halal cuisine in Japan for 20 years.
This restaurant serves not only Japanese food but also Bangladeshi food. I ordered the khichuri, which had a very appetizing taste with a great combination of lamb and spices.
Like the concept of this restaurant, I would highly recommend this restaurant to both Muslims and non-Muslims. I mean everyone! Good quality food and service!
Please stop by as you stroll along the Jūjō Ginza shopping street nearby.
- Category: Halal Japanese and Bangradeshi restaurant
- Price range: 680 – 1,000 yen for lunch (as of May 2021)
- Credit card: n/a
- English menu: yes
- Halal and vegan friendly food: yes
- – There’s a prayer room. Please ask staff if you would like to use it.
- Address: ASK Bld., 2F, 1-11-9, Kamijujo, Kita, Tokyo (Google Maps)
- Opening hours: 11:30 – 21:00
- Closed: irregular
- Website: Tokyo Halal Restaurant
- Facebook: Tokyo Halal Restaurant
- Instagram: Tokyo Halal Restaurant 十条
Special thanks to Kazi-san!